Rules For Men: Dealing With Rejection
I write this in the wake of an not-to-be-named person on Twitter who got publicly blasted. For what you say? For not dealing with rejection well. I know that most men have a huge ego, and no one wants to feel rejected. The problem is when you feel like you have to try to embarrass the woman who rejected you in hopes of maintaining your ego or respect. That, my fellow me, is a no-no. You look foolish as hell trying to down a woman you JUST thought highly enough to talk to, and here’s the dirty little secret: no one believes your antics. We all are laughing at you, not because you got rejected, but because you tried to play it off in such a ridiculous manner. Obviously some of you didn’t have fathers growing up, so allow me to enlighten you in how to deal with rejection with some do’s and don’ts.
- Call her out her name once she tells you she isn’t interested.
- Cat-call from down/across the street to get her attention. That’s disrespectful as hell.
- Call her “Jeans”, “Hey you in the booty shorts”, “Lil Mama”, “Shorty”, Girl with the big titties”, none of that. Use “Miss”. That way it looks like you have some sort of home training.
- Say “Well fuck you then,” or any variation of that. You look bitter.
- (Online) Try to publicly out her or embarrass her. She can easily screenshot your thirst and upload it for the world to see.
- Ask for some sort of sexual favor off the bat. That’s what Craigslist and prostitutes are for.
- Try to assault her or accost her in hopes of bullying her number out of her. That’s fucked up. Also IT’S FUCKING ILLEGAL.
- Be respectful.
- Thank her for her time.
- Understand that you are selling yourself, almost like a product. If someone didn’t want to buy your knives from Amway, you wouldn’t cuss them out. Play the role.
- Lead with a proper compliment. An example is, “I just wanted to say that you are looking quite beautiful today…” Not sexy or fuckable, it makes you look like you have a one-track mind.
- Smile. It goes a long way.
- Stare at her face. Not her chest or between her legs.
Yeah, your ego takes a blow. But people change their mind, and they do remember the one guy who didn’t act like a jackass when trying to approach them, especially when it’s rare for men of color to do so. If she doesn’t, oh well. You can walk away confident that you conducted yourself as a man, and not as an immature ass.